Miss World 2000, with large twinkling eyes and the most fascinating smile.
Priyanka had a very varied upbringing . Having joined an Army family, she moved from Leh-ladakh in the north to Kerala in the south from Bombay in the west to Jamshedpur in the East . She imbibed the ethos of the multicultural Indian society. A family favorite she grew up in the warmth & Love offered by her grandparents, aunts & uncles. All of this went into the making of a very warm,
loving & confident personality.
She started her Education from La Martiniere Girls College in Lucknow as a resident student, A short stay at Maria Goretti College in Bareilly prepared her for further studies in the USA. Having completed class 10th from Boston USA she decided to become a software Engineer or a Criminal Psychologist.
Priyanka was persuaded by her friends to take part in the Miss Bareilly contest and from there she went on to win Fa Femina India-World 2000 title and then the World pageant which changed her life drastically. Her family, especially her mother has been her sole inspiration
Likes Indian music and dance, flair for writing poetry and short stories, enjoys reading, especially biographies, and has worked for a lot of social welfare programmes. She aims for the stars after completing her education. She is a movie buff and would love to join the galaxy if a good offer comes.
Priyanka did a three month acting course in Mumbai and has signed up films in Hindi and Tamil. 'Ambhi Kush Thumbi Kush' by Sathish Kaushik with Anil Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan, Mahesh Manjrekar's new film starring Sunil Shetty and Bobby Deol, 'Asar-The Impact' with Dilip Kumar and Ajay Devgan directed by Kukoo Kohli. 'Gandhi' with Sunny Deol and 'Thamizan' in Tamil are some of them. Judging by her track record she is sure to prove herself in the tinsel world too.
The next release would be Aetraaz with Akshay Kumar and Kareena Kapoor.
- The only Indian in USA to have been selected at state level for the National opus Honour choir.
- Extensive charity work back in India & USA
- Joined the CAF & CII in their literacy programme and is their ambassadors.
- Member of the support group for the thalassaemic children in U.P., India.
- Participated in the Adult education awareness program with the NGO's
in the peripheral areas of Bareilly.
- Joined the Indian Govt. sponsored Polio Eradication Programme as a volunteer.
- Raised funds for the destitutes at Boston USA by participating in their Church programme